ABOUT JANA YOCOM RINE
Growing up in a law enforcement family in rural Illinois, Jana Yocom Rine always knew one thing: she wanted to help people. While serving as the Governor’s Intern in the Department of Agriculture, Jana earned her degree in Agricultural Communications from the University of Illinois, planning to take her strong will and love for helping others to the state legislature as a Representative.
Shortly after graduating, Jana shifted her focus and, instead, attended law school at the University of Iowa, which helped launch her career at one of the most prestigious law firms in the country.
Jana’s passion for defending her client’s constitutional rights led her in 1998 to open the doors of the Texas branch of Yocom Rine Law Offices, with the Illinois office opening in 2010.
After her youngest daughter graduated high school in Illinois, Jana moved back to Texas where she continued to pursue her niche; constitutional law and appellate work.
Meanwhile, as a hobby, Jana wrote a Ph.D. dissertation that dealt with challenging the constitutionality of statute using a detailed synthesis of all published Texas Appellate and Supreme Court decisions together with all United States Supreme Court decisions involving individual’s rights and freedoms.
When not in the office or a courtroom, you can find Jana, her husband, Mark, and their blended family of six adult children outdoors golfing, snow skiing, bicycling, or enjoying a family getaway at the beach.
- University of Iowa, JD, Special Honors
- University of Illinois, BS, Agricultural Communications, Highest Honors
- Northern District of Texas
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court, Southern District Illinois
- United States District Court, Central District Illinois
- United States District Court, Northern District Illinois (Trial Bar)
- United States District Court, Eastern District Missouri
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Southern District Illinois
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Central District Illinois
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY ORGANIZATIONS
- Appellate Lawyers Association
- Board of Directors, Fourth and Fifth Illinois Appellate Districts (past)
- Seminars Committee
- Rules Committee
- Collin County Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Agriculture Section Council
- Jefferson County Bar Association
- Denton County Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association
- Community Involvement Committee
- Law Day Committee
- Mock Trial Advisor- Carter High School,
- Mock Trial Judge
- First a United Methodist Church of McKinney
- McKinney Chamber of Commerce
- McKinney Sunrise Rotary
- Mt. Vernon Rotary
- Strive volunteer
- Flags volunteer
- Mentors for Kids
- County Advisory Board
- Texas Bar Association Appellate Section Local Bar Committee
- Lifeboat Alliance
- Homeless Shelter Volunteer
- Business and Professional Women
- International Life Services, Ltd. (co-founder)
Schedule Your Consultation with Jana Yocom Rine today!